This is why you need an operating system for your business.
“Running a business without an operating system is like driving a Porsche on the rims.
You’re driving along and you know it could be a smoother, faster, easier ride, but you just don’t know what to do.
If there was a real-world proven way to get that smoother ride, why would you try to reinvent the wheel?
I believe all companies should run on an operating system. the one I have chosen to offer is EOS.”
At a recent Entrepreneurs Organisation event in Aspen, I was asked to contribute my thoughts about the benefits that membership of EO has brought me, for a new recruitment video.
“It gave me a peer group to aspire to be like, it made me wiser and made me transform the way I ran my business.
“Getting a small group of 8-10 people in a room, where you can really share, take off your mask and be vulnerable with each other is really valuable.
One of my beliefs is in the importance of having a mentor and a coach if you are female entrepreneur.
So I was delighted when the founders of Live Lighter asked me to talk about my experiences for a video on their website.
Live Lighter is a a revolutionary new approach to helping individuals and businesses realise their potential.
The video was filmed by the production team at The Big Sky.
I was born and raised in a small town in Missouri.
Growing up there has had a huge influence on my attitudes, my personality and my life. The values it instilled – to help people, to do the right thing and to be yourself – stayed with me my whole life.
It also made me determined to travel, explore the world, and embrace my entrepreneurial side, which I was exposed to by my first role model, my father.
- When I was little, my mom took me to an archaeological dig at an Indian burial ground and I wanted to be an archaeologist. I was obsessed with getting an open top jeep, dressed in khakis from head to toe with long floppy hat, and I thought having brushes and move dirt would be amazing. It probably suited my detail orientated mind
- My second toe is far longer than my first – I’ve heard it’s a sign of intelligence!
- If I could have one food for the rest of my life, it would be sushi
- I’m a pescatorian/vegetarian, so I won’t eat anything with feet – for health reasons, but I’m happy for other people to eat our furry and feathered friends
- I drink herbal tea and avoid too much caffeine – I have so much energy, goodness knows what I’d be like if I had more
- In my mid 20s, I was a Plus size model and made quite a bit of money in print advertising. I lost the weight and never put it on again
- I have natural curly hair, but the trend is sleek and glossy so I have it blown out most weeks.
- When I was little, I collected stamps and keys
- I love to bake